My main role here is to host groups/speakers/teachers that come and stay at our house.It has truely been a blessing for me to do that. But today especiallly I could see God at work in spite of me and working through me. I know crazy eh! But how God has so reinforced in my mind that He never ever lets us go if we are His.
The conference was so good for the reason that these 'men' are so hungry and desperate for God's truth. The conditions of the meeting room were not good like what we would expect in North America; it was hot, hot, hot, no air conditioning, no breeze, sqwished in this small room like sardenes with about 60 men. Hidden amongst the 'men's meeting' were a few women that decided to come. They didn't care that it was for men they wanted to hear from God. Yaaaah women yaa!!!
It was the third night of the meeting and a women walked in late. All the seats had been taken so as she walked past me to get to the back of the room I had made eye contact with her to motion her to come sit with me. So I had one cheek on Bill's seat and the other on my seat. We were a cozy group. In retrospect I see God's hand in it, He arranged it that all the seats would be taken so that I would meet this lovely sister in Christ. Her name is Keisha and God had His hand on her.
Over the past 4 days I have gotten to know this 31 year old single lady. She told me her testimony ( oh how I wish I could tell it to you.) But to make a long, awesome story short, she rebelled against God for a long time and God brought her back to Himself. God never gives up on His own! She told me how she almost died 3 times (all incredible stories I wish you could hear) But on the third death experience she realized God's hand was in it. That God did not allow her to die but had mercy on her. She at that point turned to God and cried out to Him and she repented.
Keisha has a very hard life, she lives with her old mother and tries to make a living for the two of them. I asked her if I could go and see her house. So as we were driving there I got to know her a little better. She is the only child of her mother and her father has 10 children with a lot of women. I asked her if her mother was a christian and said o yes she was and she has been praying for me for a long time. As we walked in her front door there was her old mother sitting on a tin can reading her Bible. There was nothing in the house, no chairs, no table, nothing but she had Hope and it was in her hand.
I am so honored to meet this beautiful, beloved child of God. And look forward to watching her grow in Christ. The women here are desperate for God's truth and there is a real lack of good teaching. So I feel so priviledged to encourage and disciple Keisha and have fellowship with her in Christ. It is her desire to share her testimony of what God has done in her life with other young girls.
I had left her with a verse that has meant so much to me this past year and she was so excited to hear it and go home and find it herself in the bible.
Eccl. 7:14 " In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him."
Debbie
No comments:
Post a Comment